Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An introduction from Robi Papp, Product Engineer

Hello eSignal Development Community!

I have recently been added to the eSignal team to focus and expand our development community, primarily the Desktop (ActiveX) API. I will also be monitoring the ActiveX Development Forum and will add to any threads that may require additional insight.

I was first introduced to eSignal while working as the Chief Technical Officer of a hedge fund based in San Francisco, where I spearheaded a change from another charting application to the eSignal product. I also used the Desktop API to access the DataManager to feed into a proprietary algorithm.

In the past, I provided software engineering and data analysis consulting for Bridgestone/Firestone, Charles Schwab, the Department of Justice, the European Union and many smaller organizations. My experience as a developer will hopefully help me build our resources for the community in ways that alleviate some of the problems that you have experienced in the past.

There is tremendous opportunity to expand the use and capabilities of our API and I look forward to working with you all to expand our features and knowledge base.

Regards,

Robi Papp

Welcome on board!

Comment

Glad to have you with us Robi.

Cheers... George

Comment

Base code???

Robi,

Perhaps you culd help me find the ActiveX documentation for the Base Code mentioned by ScottJ. I can't find it anywhere.

Perhaps the base code is part of the Control API??? If so, I'll
        need to know so I can move in that direction.

Thanks, and welcome aboard.

ralan

Comment

I am not sure who ScottJ is and the base code that he is talking about.

I will expand on this further in the next few days, but our Standard and Control APIs are handled through our Business Development Group. There is extensive qualification process, contracts to sign and a greater start-up fee. It is intended for 3rd-party corporate development efforts that require a deeper business relationship.

If you are still interested in this direction, please fill out your contact information and someone from that group will call you.

Robi

Comment

Business Development Group

Robi,

You could please provide those of us with interest in this, the easiest possible way to get in contact with someone from the Business Development Group. It is not very well represented on the web site. Searches for it yield little.

Is there a different web site for the Control API and the BDG?

Thanks,

ralan

Comment

Control API information request page

Ralan,

I apologize for the confusion in terminology, but the page to send an inquiry to BDG is:

Business Development Group

I am working on making our wordage more consistent.

Robi

Comment

Working...
              X