Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• api locking

Hi
    I am using 7.5 of the api and using the request history to receive several sets of data which I analyse each time a new bar is recieved. However I have found that with only around 20 history requests running across various time frames that the esignal application tends to hang. I have run the programme in debug mode and again when switching back to the esignal desktop, have found that it is sitting there with a message because it couldn't send any data to my application.
    Is this normal?
    Do I have to ensure that all data is squirreled away quickly and processed later so that the api can send me some more without interruption or am I missing something.
    I am using VB.Net if that helps?

Thanks in advance

Simon

I have enountered this as well. So, yes, process the incoming data messages as fast as possible. What I used to do in my old non-eSignal app (and plan to try with my eSignal one at some point) was to have my data receiving/storing routines running in their own thread. All charting, data-processing, etc. could run as needed without bogging down the incoming feed. I don't watch as much data as I used to though and have a nice fast machine, so I haven't been running into these issues in my day to day usage.

Cheers... George

Comment

Excellent suggestion GenSpoo! Creating separate threads for communication mechanisms and interface mechanisms is definitely the way to go. The Desktop API is a tad resource intensive and I always used a fairly powerful machine to process information.

Another debugging option is to include sleep commands to monitor/pace the processing. (This is especially important for entitlement checking!)

Keep us informed.

Robi

Comment

Working...
      X