7.6 API Documentation available?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.6 API Documentation available?

Is there any documentation of the new API functionality in 7.6?

A while back, at eSignal's request, several of us spent considerable time compiling a list of bugs, problems, and needed functionality, and it appeared eSignal was going to at least partially address the issues.

If documentation was made available, I missed it.

Documentation

Bullman,

One of the reasons why I was brought on board is to manage the documentation. I will post an appendix to the developer reference later this week that will list all of the functions, data structures, data types, etc., but will not separate out new features only available in 7.6. It will be more like a "where we are now" reference.

If you have a list of bugs, recommendations, etc, can you forward that documentation to me?

Robi

Comment

Changing eSignal's Active Chart

Does anyone know if any code sample is available for sending a command that the eSignal front-end to change the active asset displayed in the top chart from another application? Thanks.

Comment

I am not exactly sure what you are trying to do, but this should point you in the right direction:

Module Test
        Public Declare Auto Function GetPrivateProfileString Lib "kernel32" ( _
        ByVal lpAppName As String, _
        ByVal lpKeyName As String, _
        ByVal lpDefault As String, _
        ByVal lpReturnedString As System.Text.StringBuilder, _
        ByVal nSize As Integer, _
        ByVal lpFileName As String) As Integer

Dim WithEvents esignal As IESignal.Hooks
        Sub Main(ByVal args As String())
        esignal = New IESignal.Hooks
        Dim username As New System.Text.StringBuilder(256)

GetPrivateProfileString("WINROS", _
        "InternetUserName", _
        "Username_WS", _
        username, _
        username.Capacity, _
        "winros.ini")
        esignal.SetApplication(username.ToString())
        Thread.Sleep(5000)
        If (esignal.IsEntitled()) Then
        If (args.Length >= 1) Then
        esignal.CreateNewWindow(IESignal.windowTypeFlags.w tfADVANCEDCHART, 0, 0, 800, 600, False, args(0))
        End If
        End If
        End Sub
        End Module

Comment

Thank you for that bit of code - however, do you know if it is possible to do this without requiring the use of the ActiveX component, perhaps simply by sending some kind of windows message to the eSignal front-end? Thank you.

Comment

Unfortunately, that functionality is only available by using the Desktop API.

Comment

Robi - does that mean that someone would need to have ActiveX permissions on their esignal account simply to enable me to programmtically control the esignal front-end chart asset? Is there perhaps a way to control the front-end directly from dbcapi.dll?

Comment

Hi Robi

I was able to open a windows but now I would like to know how I can close it.

Thanks,
                Nick.

Comment

I found out you can get the window handle in the on window open event.

by the way why not sending it back as a return parameter of createwindow.

anyway, I then try to close it using destroyWindow, a microsoft sdk call. It does not work the call is just ignored.

closewindow on the other hand works, it minimize the window.

Any idea?

Thanks,
                  Nick.

Comment

Working...
                  X