Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History request time filter

Hi
    I am calling for history request for specific times so that I don't get the thinly traded movements. However, I always get all trades regardless of the times I put in. I have tried the -1 to give me only when the markets are open but still get 24hr results?
    Is this function working and if so could you give me a couple of lines of example to show how I should be doing it. I am using VB.net

Thanks in advance

Simon

Are you attempting to filter TimeSales data? If that is the case it is the same filter (down to seconds) that is being requested by chrisjames URL=http://forum.esignalcentral.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7724]here[/URL]. It is in the development queue, scheduled to be released at the end of Q2.

If you are requesting quotes, you are able to retrieve information down to the tick interveral for a very tight time frame.

Robi

Comment

Robi,
      I am not calling for timesales data, I am using the requestHistory function. Does this make a difference?

Simon

Comment

The time filter for the minute history is not working, I tested it.

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me, is there any other way of doing this that does work?
          I need to ask for around 200 bars of historical data and then keep the data coming in for the current and subsequent bars. But I would also like the ability to restrict the data to just the times that the market is traded.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Comment

Already send a post about this issue.

Here is the response from robi:

-----------------------------------------------------------
            This functionality does not work as well as it should because code in winsig.exe filters the data on display, so it was never an apparent problem. To accomodate, filter the data after as it's being returned or after it is returned.

I will take note of this issue for future releases.

Robi
            -----------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Robi,
              You seem to be suggesting that there is no way of doing this at the moment, can you tell me when this is likely to be working? As we were intending to release our product in the near future and would have liked to have this feature included.

Thanks

Simon

Comment

Hi Simon,

While I agree it should work (since it is there), you can always filter that data when you receive it until the poblem is fixed (though it does require a bit more juggling of data). No need to hold up the feature for your app if you think it is important. That is what I ended up doing when I discovered the issue as well.

Cheers... George

Comment

Thanks for all of the response on this, one last question, is there a timescale for a working version of this being included in the API.
                  I am trying to decide whether to wait for that or to add the code to my application.

Thanks in advance

Simon

Comment

I have noted the issue for our next release of eSignal (7.7) and expect to have it resolved by then. eSignal 7.7 is scheduled to be released at end of Q2.

Comment

when is esignal 7.7 is coming out

robi or simon,

do you know when is 7.7 going to be released?

Umit

Comment

eSignal 7.7 Beta will be available within the next two weeks.

eSignal 7.7 Final is scheduled to be released in June.

Comment

Working...
                        X