CreateNewWindow function esignal desktop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CreateNewWindow function esignal desktop

I'm creating a new post to be sure my question is seen.

First the functionnality to manipulate graph on the esignal interface is a great functionality!!!

So I started to play with it,

esignal.CreateNewWindow(IESignal.windowTypeFlags.w tfADVANCEDCHART, 0, 0, 800, 600, False, args(0))

QUESTION I

This code only open graphs with Daily bars, is it possible to open a graph with one minute or even specify add on like bollinger or rsi.

QUESTION II

I can get the window handle through the onwindowopen event but I can't close it using the destroywindow sdk call. if I post a WM_CLOSE message, esignal clashes.

Thanks,
    Nick.

Re: CreateNewWindow function esignal desktop

Originally posted by nedibe

QUESTION II

I can get the window handle through the onwindowopen event but I can't close it using the destroywindow sdk call. if I post a WM_CLOSE message, esignal clashes.
    I don't know about question one, but for question 2 I would suggest looking up WM_MDIDESTROY since the main client app is an MDI application. I have no idea if this will help, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Cheers... George

Comment

I found the answer to question II, for some reason I ignore when I send the message WM_CLOSE in the onwindowopen event, it craches.

If I send WM_CLOSE outside the event, it works.

WM_MDIDESTROY does not work, the window stays opened.

That Leaves only question I unanswered

Comment

Glad you got that one figured out.

Cheers... George

Comment

OpenNewWindow

You should use "OpenNewWindow(File, . . . )" rather than "CreateNewWindow". Configure the file you decide to load to have the interval, studies, etc. that you would like. By opening a pre-defined template, you will be able to a chart with anything that can be saved in a template.

Comment

Thanks Robi,

It works!! this is a great functionality. You should document it. It was a discovery for me to see it on the forum.

Nick.

Comment

Documentation

nedibe,

I just finished some documentation that outlines all of data type definitions and data structures, as well as the properties, methods and events for the API. It is labeled Appendex A and is located in the file share.

More documentation is on its way.

Robi

Comment

Working...
              X