Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash on ReleaseSymbol

Hi Folks,

I just started with the API and have the following problem. If I do RequestSymbol("Symbol") and then ReleaseSymbol("Symbol") then repeat a few times eSignal crashes. SOmetimes on the first release and somtimes a few later but I have yet to be able to do it more than a few times before crashing.

This happens in my code (C#) and with the VB sample code (Upgraded to VB.Net). I have tried on multiple machines just in case it was an install problem, with the same effect.

In the VB sample, just put a symbol in for the realtime stuff and hit "Request Quote" then "Stop Quote" a few times and it crashes (at least for me)

Any help appreciated.

Paul

I got the same issue,

The solution I found is to download a 1 minutes history on the day for each stock I want to request quotes on.

It sucks but it works.

Also if you download the 1 minutes history for each symbol, I recommend you wait on each symbol download to make sure you correctly free your symbol handle.

Robi, maybe it's just an active x and not a visual c++ issue but it's disturbing. Could you find out with the developer what causes it??

Nick.
    Last edited by nedibe; 03-26-2004, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I forgot another solution.

Put all the symbols you want in a quote window on the desktop esignal and it will work.

I don't like it because if you take out a symbol from the quote window the bug comes back immediately.

Nick.

Comment

Robi

Do you have a better solution to this problem?

Comment

Actually,

pmichaud has come up with a solution that was working for him.

Robi

Comment

Could you tell me what it is? I'm interested to know it.

I would prefer not to download 1M data before asking quotes.

Thanks,
            Nick.

Comment

Last edited by nedibe; 03-31-2004, 01:11 PM.

Comment

I have noted this is as a problem and we are working on a solution. As far as I know, no one has come up with a solution. . . if someone has, be nice and share.

Comment

Working...
                X