ReleaseSymbol error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReleaseSymbol error

There have been more than one developer that has reported an issue with "ReleaseSymbol". Has anyone found a way to overcome this problem?

What about calling "Release Symbol" twice? - I know it's a hack but if stops your app from crashing . . .

Please use this thread to describe the issue in as much detail as possible and I will have our dev team look into it.

Problems I have with releaseHistory ()

The two *major* problems with ReleaseHistory () that I wrestle with daily are listed below. I believe the 2nd issue (symbols getting "stuck") have to do with the inability to release previously used handles.

1. After requesting and receiving historical data for a symbol, I promptly call ReleaseHistory (). That symbol should no longer be counted toward my symbol max of 500. But after requesting and releasing the handle for the 500th symbol for the day, I get warning messages popping up that I have exceeded my symbol count. If I go to the Data menu of the eSignal data manager and select Symbols, it shows these symbols as active, even though I have released them.

2. Many times when I call RequestHistory () for a particular symbol, no data is returned. While my program is in the process of waiting, if I go to the eSignal File menu and select New / Advanced Chart, and change the symbol and interval in the chart to what I am waiting for, instantly the data is also returned to my program as well. So to free up a “stuck” symbol in my app, I am constantly manually entering it into a chart in eSignal. Once a symbol gets stuck, it will remain stuck and inaccessible to the API until I manually enter it into a chart in eSignal (apparently, the API thinks it has requested data for the symbol from the servers, but has not. When I create a chart for the symbol, eSignal makes a request for the data, and the API grabs this data also and returns it to the app).

Comment

Working...
    X