Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding symbols in the esignal data manager using the active x

Hi,

In the menu of the esignal data manager, "data->symbols" there is an editor to add symbols.

I would like to know how I can add and remove symbols in the esignal data manager through the active x?? Is it possible?

I tried SetGroupSymbol and DoSymbolLink but it's not working...

Thanks,
    Nick.

Each time that you request a unique symbol, that symbol shows up in the DataManager, where you described. This is how streams of data are established because eSignal's servers communicate with the DataManager and "knows" to send you a tick for that symbol.

Comment

I'm going to try to be as clear as possible.

My issue is to retreive quotes for 756 symbols. I request them very frequently and since I send orders using thoses quotes, I cannot tolerate any zeros back. I do not subscribe, I just request quote from time to time.

in order to avoid zeros I send my request and wait for the response event. It works.

But it takes ~1.46 seconds to get my 756 symbols in a loop which is way too long.

I tried with the DDE, it was going faster, ~516 ms which is not good but ok. my issue with the DDE is that I cannot implement the same wait for response mechanism for some specific development environment reason. So I get zeros from time to time.

So I continued to search for a solution and finally found one:

If I open a quote window with all my 756 symbols inside the window, the DDE request calls never return 0.

My management is upset with this solution, they find it unprofessional. So I'm looking for a way to add those symbol in the data manager which would be the same as having them in a quote window.

Thanks,
      Nick.
      Last edited by nedibe; 04-08-2004, 07:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X