How can I access the GUI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I access the GUI

Hi, I'm hoping that I may be able to solve my previously posted "freeze" problem by adding the required quotes to the eSignal GUI.

I was reading somewhere about a function called OpenNewWindow and possibly another called CreateNewWindow.

I'm hoping that somehow I can access the GUI programmatically so that I can add a quote to the GUI dynamically for each of my required symbols.

However, the IESignal.Hooks object doesn't appear to have any methods or properties, which give access to the GUI.

Maybe I'm missing something here.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
    Arold

OK, I've figured out that I didn't have the latest version of the API, which is why I couldn't see the correct methods.

So now, can anybody tell me how to programatically add quotes to a quote window?

Thanks
    Arold

Comment

It may be possible to add quotes to a quote window by calling "CreateNewWindow", followed by by "SetGroupSymbol" or "DoSymbolLink". I have not done this myself, so I can only offer guesses as to how to do it.

I hope this helps and works out for you.

Comment

Well I've looked at the eSignal Developer Reference and the Desktop API - Appendix A and while the appendix document lists those two functions, there is no description of what they do or how to use them.

When I can I find more documentation?

Arold

Comment

From the lack of replies, I'm guessing that the documentation has not been updated to reflect the latest changes to the API?

Arold

Comment

The documentation for the API is currently up to date. I know the descriptions for the function calls are missing, but the names of the methods are relatively clear as to what they do.

Comment

Working...
            X