SetGroupSymbol & DoSymbolLink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SetGroupSymbol & DoSymbolLink

Does anybody know what these methods are used for?

I'm trying to find a way to programatically (i.e. via the API) ADD symbols to my quote window.

I've been experiencing intermittent "symbol freeze" issues using the API and have been advised that I need to have the symbols that I'm requesting via the API physically ON the quotes screen.

As I trade futures, and the symbols for these change all the time, I'd like to be able to dynamically add these symbols to the GUI.

I've been advised that SetGroupSymbol & DoSymbolLink MIGHT do what I need but I can't find any documentation on these methods.

I've tried simply calling these methods immediately after a call to RequestSymbol (I also tried doing the call BEFORE RequestSymbol) but it doesn't seem to have any effect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Arold

Some developers have used DoSymbolLink() to link their applications to eSignal's GUI. It basically gives access to the linking feature between quotes, charts, etc, within eSignal. You could potentially create a table in your application and link the symbols to quote and dynamically change the symbols that way.

Something that may help is to use "#F" to get the front month of a futures contract.

I have included some links that may helps.

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...s_rollover.asp

http://www.esignalcentral.com/suppor...ousfutures.asp

Robi

Comment

Thanks for the feedback Robi, I appreciate you taking the time.

Unfortunately, not all of the contracts I'm watching support '#F' so that won't work for me.

It's starting to look as if I won't be able to programmatically add symbols to the GUI from my app. I guess the best solution is to add each of the monthly contracts for my 25 contracts to the GUI for the next year and then repat the process each year.

arold

Comment

Working...
      X