Suggested API enhancement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggested API enhancement

I have been looking over the API for the purpose of implementing an order execution module. There doesn't appear to be a way of marking an order with any kind of identifying information from EFS. It would be very helpful if an EFS script could pass an identifying string through (via the order object), so my control program could identify symbolically what strategy it was associated with.

Is this the appropriate place to make feature suggestions like this? Please let me know if there is any other procedure I should be following. Thanks in advance.
    Bill Levine
    President
    Levine Software, Inc.

There is not a way to pass the EFS name or symbol to the object now, but that is an interesting feature request. The integrated trading (via EFS) is just starting to be developed and expanded on, so this may be added at some point.

What you can do, however, is send a message to text file from the EFS script when the trade is triggered and if you export the trades from either the paper trading module or your trading platform, you can cross-reference the file from the scripts to determine which study the trade signal came from.

You are doing some neat stuff with EFS and integrated trading - exactly what it was designed to do.

Comment

Working...
    X