How to return all symbols on current open page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to return all symbols on current open page

Is there a simple way to return a collection of all the symbols currently listed in the eSignal GUI. I understand how to get the current active symbol, but th's just one. How do I get them all so I can use each one with RequestQuote?

Thanks

This answers a few threads on programmatically accessing the quotes in a quote window.

There is not a specific function call to accomplish this, but can be done by some nifty programming. By using a table or file that has the quotes and by calling DoSymbolLink(), you should be able to determine which quotes are in their.

Another piece to point out is that list of symbols is also available through a view in the Data Manager (Data->Symbols). The API is intended more to programmatically access data, not necessarily programmatically maneuver within eSignal. Since the list of symbols is in that interface there are some Windows commands that may also do the trick.

A feature to programmatically add quotes to the quote window may or may not be included in the release of 7.7, since there is quite a back-log of other features the developers are working on, but there is a way to do what you are attempting to do.

Comment

Working...
    X