How do i close the GUI?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do i close the GUI?

I'm a bit shy about asking this question because I really should know, but... does anybody know how to shut down the ESignal GUI from within VB?

Actually, what I really want to do is send Ctrl-E (Close all and Save) to the GUI.

I've tried a mixture of SendMessage() APIs as well as SendKeys statements but I just can't get it to work.

If you do know, it would be really helpful to me right now.

Thanks

Arold

Well, if you are talking about closing the entire application, you can get the Windows handle by calling GetAppHWND. Then, you can use some Windows commands to close the application based on the handle.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Robi, I actually figured out how to do this, buy sending the Ctrl-E command via API calls and it works.

However, maybe you can answer this...

If I start the eSignal GUI from my desktop, it opens with a clean-sheet. When I press Ctrl-E, it closes without incident.

But, when start the eSignal GUI via the API, it also open with a clean-sheet (i.e. apparently no open documents), but, when I send Ctrl-E to the GUI via API calls, the GUI pops up a message asking me to save the page.

I can't see any way around this. Can you offer any advice?

Arold

Comment

Working...
      X