Using the Desktop API with VB.Net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the Desktop API with VB.Net

Is there any documentation or samples for using the Desktop API under VB.Net?
    I have looked through the reference files at http://share.esignal.com/groupconten...=&groupid=185, however there doesn't seem to be anything specific. The nearest appears to be the "Multiple History Requests in VB.Zip", which, despite its name, appears to be a C# sample

You're right. The multiple history requests sample is in C#, not VB - that was a bonehead move on my part. Hey, it all compiles the same, right?

There is a VB.NET sample called "Time and Sales in VB".

Comment

Thanks, I'll have a look

Comment

Access is Denied in c# (c sharp)

Hi, I'm using this example as a base to begin working from, but I'm getting this error:

how do i configure things so they work?
        I'm not sure which resource it's trying to access in the IESignal.HooksClass() constructor?
        Suggestions most welcome.

------------------ exception -------------------
        Access is denied.
        Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access is denied.

ASP.NET is not authorized to access the requested resource. Consider granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ASP.NET has a base process identity (typically {MACHINE}\ASPNET on IIS 5 or Network Service on IIS 6) that is used if the application is not impersonating. If the application is impersonating via <identity impersonate="true"/>, the identity will be the anonymous user (typically IUSR_MACHINENAME) or the authenticated request user.

To grant ASP.NET write access to a file, right-click the file in Explorer, choose "Properties" and select the Security tab. Click "Add" to add the appropriate user or group. Highlight the ASP.NET account, and check the boxes for the desired access.

Source Error:

Line 53: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
        Line 54: {
        Line 55: esignal = new IESignal.HooksClass();
        Line 56: esignal.OnBarsReceived += new IESignal._IHooksEvents_OnBarsReceivedEventHandler( esignal_OnBarsReceived);
        Line 57: esignal.OnBarsChanged += new IESignal._IHooksEvents_OnBarsChangedEventHandler(e signal_OnBarsChanged);

Comment

Ok, Fixed that problem...
          Here's the solution...

Use DCOMCNFG.exe to add ASPNET account to Default Launch Permission list for your COM component.

Comment

Working...
          X