Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7.7 Release Candidate

I have some great news for you all!

I was able to release a new version of eSignal with a host of new Desktop API functions (see attached document). This release is not on our main site because of an ugly problem with the News Manager. We hope to get that bug fixed early next week and place a true Release Candidate out for all users. PLEASE do not call in to inform our support staff of News Manager crashes with this release.

You can download this interim release here

This does fix some known bugs and has some new XML functions, fundamental data and top ten lists.

Be sure to completely uninstall, remove old directories, install and re-reference the COM object.

I hope you all like it.
    Attached Files

Fails to Load MFC711.dll needed

Thanks for giving us a shot at this. For what it's worth I get "failed to start because MFC711.dll was not found" Microsoft foundation class perhaps for VB? I am only doing development inside excel visual basic.
    Anything I can do right now? 7.6 was working fine btw.
    I don't have VB to install sepaarately.

Comment

I have no idea what the MFC711.dll is. I don't have it on an XP system and it is not part of Visual Studio 6.0 or .NET.

Maybe an OS .dll?

If 7.6 works, I would go with that. The release just has some new functions and corrections that people were wanting.

Comment

I have XP professional. Sadly I wanted 7.7 because I can not retrieve minute by minute histories past about mid june and it sounded like from some of earlier comments that 7.7 would improve my odds of getting a long history like that back.
        Any remaining thoughts appreciated.

Comment

I think you are missing "mfc71.dll". That is the new Microsoft Foundation Classes file. You can retrieve 120 trading days of intraday data.

I placed the .dll on the ActiveX file share.

Comment

can't find 7.7 beta

The link to download 7.7 beta dois not work. Could you provide another link.

Thanks,
            Nick.

Comment

Hello Nick,

You can find the 7.7 release candidate in the 7 Series Beta file share group.
              Jason K.
              Project Manager
              eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
              JavaScript for EFS Video Series
              EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
              EFS Glossary
              Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Nick,

The 7.7 release candidate can also be downloaded from the here. Thanks for the post.

Comment

Originally posted by DuaneG
                  Nick,

The 7.7 release candidate can also be downloaded from the here. Thanks for the post.
                  I didn't see an exact ETA. Hope you guys don't mind my asking but when is 7.7 going to be out?

I'm asking because I'm waiting to subscribe to an add-on.

Comment

It's looking like we'll release 7.7 next week. Perhaps as early as Tuesday. We're still making some cosmetic tweaks so that could get pushed out.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by ScottJ
                      It's looking like we'll release 7.7 next week. Perhaps as early as Tuesday. We're still making some cosmetic tweaks so that could get pushed out.

Thanks.
                      Thanks Scott.
                      Looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                      X