Error "QueryInterface for Interface IESignal.iHooksFailed"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error "QueryInterface for Interface IESignal.iHooksFailed"

I am getting this error regularly when running the desktop API (I have a 30 day trial). I tracked it down on one occassion to the following call:
    esignal.get_GetBasicQuote("NEM").
    However, I believe it may also be failing on other calls as well.
    After the call has failed, the desktop API generally becomes unusable (it then starts to fail continuously) - when I try and click on ESignal I get a "server busy" error and I have to close it down from the Task Manager. To get running again, I normally have to reboot.
    I am running the Desktop API using C# under Visual Studio.Net 2003, using ESignal version 7.6 (build 636A).

I am not sure what would cause this. I have heard of this before, but been unable to reproduce it. If you can make a test case that reliably reproduces it, I can take a look into it.

You might also want to try out the 7.7 release candidate Robi posted on this forum -- several bug fixes have been made since 7.6.

Cheers,

Simon.
    Simon Thornington
    eSignal Developer

Comment

Thanks for your offer. I am not doing anything clever - I have just knocked up a test application which responds to the esignal_OnQuoteChanged() event, and displays details of the quote on the screen, and logs the details to a SQL Server database.
      I can reproduce the problem by simply running my application whilst the NYSE is open - the application always fails after a few minutes, although I can't reproduce the problem as a "one off". It doesn't seem to fail when the exchange is not open.
      The error message is very poor - how do I find out more details about the error, in particular why does it fail?
      Can I send you the whole application?

Comment

The error message is not one of ours, it's part of the COM framework. Do the test applications fail in the same way? The "Server Busy" message usually happens when someone's application that is using the API takes too long processing an event (or when it presents a modal dialog or something).

You can email me a stripped down version of your application that still exhibits the problem to [email protected]

I can't guarantee I'll get a chance to look at it in depth for a week or two though, things are pretty hectic around here with various releases scheduled.

Simon.
        Simon Thornington
        eSignal Developer

Comment

Thanks - I'll try and find the time to do that and get back to you

Comment

Hi – I have attached my sample application as requested. The application is an extended version of the “monthly history sample” provided by yourselves. I have included the full application (rather than trying to cut it down), as the full application may provide you with useful context (for example, the “History 2” feature has not failed in my testing).
            Each of the four tabs is an example download built around the following routines:
            History: RequestHistory()/OnBarsReceived() and OnBarsChanged()
            History 2: RequestHistory()/OnBarsReceived() and OnBarsChanged()
            Real Time: RequestSymbol()/OnQuoteChanged()
            Time and Sales: RequestTimeSales()/OnTimeSalesChanged()
            Each feature (except for History2) display details on the screen and log all details of the received messge to the database.
            “History” and “History2” are similar – History2 logs fewer details to the database.
            The parameters (Interval, Type etc.) relate to the History and History2 feaures.
            The “cut down list” check box means that the History and History2 features will use a cut down list of symbols (6 from NYSE, 6 from Nasdaq and 6 from the FTSE 100) – otherwise the application uses the list of symbols provided in the original application.
            You can run any combination of the features together (except for History and History2). You stop the features running, you have to close the application.
            The application references 3 of my own DLLs (included in the zip, I will provide the source if necessary), plus the database. I have also included the SQL Server database “ICL01”. You may need to change the routine “sConnectionString” in clsApp to get the application to connect to the database in your environment.
            Each of the features (except History2) fails with the error “QueryInterface for Interface IESignal.IHooks Failed” after running for a few minutes, but only when the market is open.
            I have not yet tried with version 7.6, which I will endeavour to do later in the week.
            The issue may be performance related – I have not optimised the application to process the incoming request as quickly as possible (as it is a test application – in a real environment I would probably implement my own queueing mechanism to perform the display and logging asyncronously).
            I cannot post you the database backup owing to your file size restrictions – I have had to include a script – I hope your file size restriction will not increase your workload too much.
            Many thanks.
            Attached Files

Comment

I have downloaded release candidate 7.7, but I still get the same error

Comment

Working...
              X