Simulated Trading Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simulated Trading Questions

How do you do simulated, intraday, discretionary trading in eSignal?

Can it hook to IB during market hours?

How can eSignal do simulated, discretionary trading (bar replay) after hours? What data files formats can it read?

Does eSignal have hooks to the popular order/stop management products like Auto, Button, Bracket, Ninja or Zeroline Trader? Or does it have its own system for orders/stops?

Thanks!

eSignal does have a Bar and Tick Replay feature, which can be tied into eSignal's Paper Trade feature. This means that the Order Entry Ticket (New Window icon, choose Order Entry Ticket) can be utilized as well. This will allow the creation of custom buttons to perform a variety of tasks as you can see below.

Regarding 3rd party order management software, those typically hook into brokers and not into eSignal, but I believe there are a few that can use eSignal's Tick Replay. Best to check out each vendor's site to see for sure (or perhaps others here might share their insight.)
    Attached Files
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Jay,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm new. Can you give me a link where I can read about eSignal's Paper Trade features?

In creating a custom Order window, does eSignal offer a DOM (depth of market) window? (I really like the DOM windows in the order management products.)

With eSignal's monthly fee, are you paying for the charting or the data service, or it all bundled together?

Is the EFL language much like Tradestation's Easy Language (based on Pascal) that I'm familiar with?

I assume in EFL its easy to play a WAV sound when a entry pattern develops ...

Brooks

Comment

Working...
      X