Significant digits on 7.91 Backtesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Significant digits on 7.91 Backtesting

eSignal Tech support thought someone on this forum may be able to help on this issue.

I am trying the new version of backtesting (7.91) and have a problem with the number of digits that are displayed on the trade report. I have often used 7.9 backtesting on currency
    futures which normally use 4 digits after the decimal point. I need to change a "setting" which controls the number of decimals that display on the reports, but then I can see all significant digits which is important on the trade report where I need to see the buy/sell price. The new version of backtesting is great, especially the graphing. However I cannot find any parameter in the new backtesting that controls the number of digits displayed on the reports.

Perhaps someone knows of a work around even though I would consider this a design error or bug. I do not know the proper channels for getting action from eSignal.

zhkth1
    I had noticed that too and have already sent a note about this to the developers.
    In the mean time here is how to resolve it. Go to Control Panel-> Regional Options and in the Numbers tab set the No of digits after decimal to 4 (or whatever number you may require)
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Comment

zhkth1

I do not know the proper channels for getting action from eSignal

If the version you are using is a beta (or Release Candidate) then you may want to post in the 7 Series Beta forum
      Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis;
        Thanks for the response. Your idea worked!

Any idea on how risky this approach is relative to other programs? I am not technical enough to know what affect these windows settings will have on other programs. I use my computer for other things as well and would hate to mess up data accessed by other programs (eg. Quicken and TurboTax). I did do a quick check on Quicken and I would expect good programmers would normally just use these settings as defaults.

Anyway I guess the safe approach would be to change the settings back and forth between backtesting sessions.

Thanks again.
        Ken

Comment

Ken
          Since it is very easy to change the settings on the fly I would switch them back and forth as needed (for now)
          Alex

Comment

Working...
          X