Can Parabolic S&R be added to this EFS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alex,
    If you are not on Esignals payroll you sure need to be. I have seen you help code dummies like me out many many times. I am sure they appreciate it as mush as I do.

I will work with your suggestions to see what I can come up with. I didn't think of using a MA ect. I was trying to use a flat 1 point from entry as a stop. And didn't see a way to do that in Formula Wizard.

For anyone interested, I found that the Stop_Reverse EFS worked best on the AB #F 15 min. time frame. It didn't work very well on the Daily, 60m, 30m, 10m, 5m, 3m, 1m, 400T, 150T, or the 63T. I ran it on verious parameter and found it to run best on the one I have it set for. If someone finds it to run better on something different please post it here.

Thanks,
    Russ

Comment

Alex,
      Would you look this over to see what I don't have right. If you have time.

Russ
      Attached Files

Comment

Russ
        Because you are setting up the strategy as a straight Stop and Reverse using only the Parabolic you need to remove your Sets 3, 4, 7 and 8 which are preventing the strategy from entering short trades.
        This is because of the way the Formula Wizard sets the sequence of the conditions ie using else if rather than just if which means that if any one condition is true the formula will stop evaluating the conditions that follow. So when on a bar the condition exits a long trade no other conditions will be evaluated on that bar. On the next bar the strategy would not be short thereby satisfying the first condition in the corresponding Set but the other conditions in the same Set would no longer be true hence no short trade would be entered.
        The solution is to either remove the Sets as indicated above or to edit the formula with the Editor and remove the else from every instance of else if. The latter solution however would mean that you would no longer be able to edit the formula using the Formula Wizard so I would suggest removing the Sets as indicated.
        Also when painting bars you need to add one last Set (it must always be the last one) in which you set a condition 1==1 and you paint everytime the price bars in the color you want as a default. This is necessary because the Formula Wizard does not otherwise set a default price bar color which results in bars being painted in white (thereby disappearing if you are using a chart with a white background) when none of the conditions are true. Since 1==1 always evaluates to true by definition the bars will be painted in black. The reason it needs to be the very last condition is that it would otherwise prevent the formula from evaluating any conditions that follow it (for the reason explained above)
        Hope this helps
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X