Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save formula parameters across diff back tests?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save formula parameters across diff back tests?

When I pull up a new study to display on a chart and edit the Formula Parameters under the Study Properties dialog box, the changed parameters are saved if, for example, I pull up a new symbol.

However, if I run a back test and change the Formula Parameters under the Back Testing dialog box, if I change symbols the Formula Parameters default to their original settings. Is there a way to keep the changed parameters operative until a new formula is applied?

Thanks.

Harold Harper
    [email protected]

Hello Harold,

That is the default behavior for the Back Testing feature. When the Best Test window is opened it does not look to see what the current parameters of the study are set to in any of your charts that may also be running the formula. It uses it's own copy of the parameters, which allows you to run back tests without having the formula also running on a chart. There may be a feature that could be added to the Back Tester to store the last known values used for a back testing study, which would require a software change. To have our development team give consideration for this, please submit your suggestion to them at [email protected].
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X