save backtesting datafile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• save backtesting datafile

As of today, I have only max 120 days 3 minutes bar chart data for backtesting for my strategies. Is that possible to save the datafile and where is the datafile located. How about 120 days later then save another datafile in order to have full 240 days and so on. Up to sometimes down the road then I can test all 240 days in any strategies (efs file) with more datafiles.

I am interest in AB #F. Either you could help to locate the datafile or someone already have this kind of files saved.

How is that different between playback tick file and backtesting file. As I know the playback tick file only can retrieve up to 10 days. But I am only interest in backtesting files.

Thanks

jchyr
    At this time you can only chart (or backtest) local data using Tick Replay. eSignal has indicated that in some future release data will be cached locally however it has not provided any date as to when this feature may be available.
    Alex

Comment

back testing

The backtesting I do is to check out the efs I write for my own use. I have been doing this for some time, the only problem is with the new version does not allow you to see what the results were each day. Surely eSignal will not let this oversite stand. Give us back the ability to see that information.

Explanation: When one is day trading and test back over 10 days, there is no way to tell his results each day other than sorting the trades where they are listed one by one.

Comment

jmingt
        See the reply to the same question you posted in this thread
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X