Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about backtest funtion

Hi everyone,
    I want to know some funtion of esignal back test before decide to use its full version.The following question can someone tell me if they can be done and if they need complex efs script writing(as simple as possible),thanks for giving advice.
    1.can esignal backtest with % stop loss
    2.can esignal backtest more than one commody using more than one trading formula at one time,
    3.how the formula is written if I want macd or sar have buy/sell signal only after they have been the same direction for about 6-12 day meaning that the price of commody is not changing moving direction too often so there is enough moving momentum towards one side,
    4.can backtest calculate forex broker leverage.(eg 1:20 eur/usd)

Hello sotakhing,

1. Yes
    2. No
    3. This one is difficult to answer without developing a back testing formula to test the idea. In general, you are not limited to the strategy logic that you can conceptualize. The difficulty with your statement is that you will have to come up with a set of code logic that accurately defines "not changing moving direction too often."
    4. Not exactly sure what you mean by this one. You can back test forex symbols and create custom spread symbols.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
    X