Backtesting Parabolic SAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting Parabolic SAR

I am trying to backtest the parabolic sar (long and short) over a few periods. I am really having a hard time writing the formula, i am an ex metastock user and these tests are available without having to write any formula....can i get some help please...

akatchouni
    Have you considered writing the study with the Formula Wizard? If not you may want to try doing that.
    For information on how to use the Formula Wizard see this article in the EFS knowledgeBase.
    In the image enclosed below you can see an example of how you would set up the entry to the long side. The strategy is set to go long at the value of the Parabolic at the prior bar if the High of the current bar breaches the value of the Parabolic at the prior bar. Using this as an example you can set up the reverse condition for the short side. If you encounter any problems post what you have done and someone may be available to assist you.
    If instead you are not interested in writing the study yourself you may want to see the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built which lists the options available to you
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X