backtest on 12 min bars only goes back 3 weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backtest on 12 min bars only goes back 3 weeks

I want to backtest my strategy on 12 min bars on the maximum length data sample (120 days), yet when I attempt to do so, the strategy analyzer shows me only results going back to around 10/13/05. Thank you for any help. My Esignal rep already had me set up a custom 120 day time template.

Jason

Jason
    Did you apply that Time Template to the chart in which you are running the test?
    If not then try applying it then load the script in that chart and run the back test.
    If the problem persists then you may want to post an image of the Time Template that you are using on that chart
    Alex

Comment

Jason
      FWIW here is the result of a back test using BtMovingAverage.efs (from the BackTesting folder) on a 12 min chart over 120 days.
      As you can see the first date is 5/17/2005
      Alex

Comment

The problem persists, and since I do not know how to copy the template and show it to you, here are the settings:

type: user defined
        interval: blank
        #days: 120
        automatic start and end times

Thanks

Jason

Comment

I am making progress. now it goes back to 7/20/05.

Thank you.

Jason

Comment

Jason
            In the Time Template set Intraday Default to 120 Days. Then if you want specific intervals to load a different amount of Bars/Days you will need to select User Defined, insert the specific interval in the Interval box and assign the desired number of Bars/Days to load.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X