Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtesting with new build

Hi
    I have upgraded to the new build of esignal and run a backtest, it shows a entry at 1.5, not sure where it gets this from but it throws the whole back test of,

Is the backtest facility still full of Bugs ?
    Attached Files

biswar
    Without seeing and/or running the script that generates the back test it is not possible to determine whether it is a bug or something in the code that triggers a trade incorrectly.
    Post the efs providing also all the settings used in the back test and someone may be able to verify it.
    Alex

Comment

backtest

cant really post the script, as it using kwikpop dll, so is useless unless subscriped to kwikpop, the script is using market orders, so does not supply the backtest a number to use, ie (as in limit), to verify that i was right and not pushing a number i have output all the trades to a text file and it does not show the 1.50 entry at that time, its very strange, as there are only two, I an post the function that generates the trades ? or would you rather the text file ?
      Has anyone else complained of this ?

Comment

I haven't noticed any problems but you appear to have an odd looking exit price there.

Maybe you could work back from there using debug e.g. what determines the price and debug that. if ok then go further back/deeper until you expose the problem.
        Paul Williams
        Strategy & Applications
        www.futurenets.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X