No announcement yet.

Ichimoku Strategy modified... questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Believe it or not I have been spending some time there, but I will spend more time there I promise. I'll post the entire script when it has been rewritten and all of the unnecessary variables have been taken out. Thanks you so much for your help Alexis. You are truly an asset to eSignal.

UPDATE:
    I got rid of all of the erratic trades. You were right, it's simple logic. I guess I've just been staring at it too long.
    I created entry points based on the value of the open of the current bar minus (or plus) a 3 pip retracement... it worked!
    I added a longer MA to define the trend. Countertrend strategies aren't my thing.
    I added a statement which makes sure there is some distance between the long and short MA's to filter out spikes and trading ranges.

It tests well, but I do have a general question to all. What techniques would you think about adding to smooth out the equity curve? It makes money in it's current configuration (rev. 7) but the rises are SHARP and so are the declines. I've added in profit targets again and kept the stops. Maybe I'll try my hand at trailing stops here.
    Last edited by techinvest; 12-08-2005, 10:54 AM.

Comment

techinvest,

Downloaded this script recently and have begun modifing and tweeking etc, very much with the same goals as you mentioned.

Was wondering if you are still tinkering with it???

thanks

glen
      Glen Demarco
      [email protected]

Comment

demarcog,
        I was tinkering with it to fix some of the logic errors but haven't changed the triggering or backtesting logic. Here is the edited file.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the update...

Last time I checked it out the backtesting results were not in line with the real time results.....

I will take another look...

thanks again

glen
          Glen Demarco
          [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X