Need help creating a formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help creating a formula

Can anyone out there help me create a formula with two moving averages with certain parameters so that I can back test the results on a 5, 15, and a 60 minute chart for the GBP.

Thank you

george1222
    Have you considered writing the study using the Formula Wizard? If not you may want to give that a try as the Formula Wizard makes it very easy to program studies such as the one you are looking for.
    For information on how to use the Formula Wizard and some examples see this article in the EFS knowledgeBase.
    If you encounter any problems post what you have done and someone may be available to assist you.
    Alex

Comment

Need More Help

I have created two moving averages with the EFS Wizard. Now I want it to buy when they cross and close the position when they re cross. How do I input that using the wizard?

Thank you

Comment

george1222
        In this thread you can find an example of a strategy based on the crossing of moving averages
        Alex

Comment

Still having problems

Hi guys,

I looked at the thread that you adviced me to. When I click backtesting through E-signal it will not calculate the loss/profit correctly. Am I doing something wrong?

This is the formula I'm looking to create.

Go Long when the 20EMA crosses 30EMA
          Take profits when the 20EMA crosses the 30EMA

& Sell when they recross and take profits after they cross again.

Thank you

Comment

george1222
            Post the efs that you are using for the back test and that is returning incorrect results. Also provide details on the symbol and interval you are using in the back tests.
            Alex

PS. When replying to a message please use the POST REPLY button instead of NEW THREAD as it otherwise makes it difficult for anyone to provide help. Note that I have now merged the separate threads

Comment

Working...
            X