Exporting Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exporting Trades

I just backtested a system and am viewing the trades. Is there a way to export all this data into something more useful, like Excel, perhaps? Currently, it seems only viewable/saveable as an HTML document, or I can print a hard copy. But I would like to put the trades into Excel and do my own analysis of the trades.

I use an excel sheet for my back testing results. I haven't really found a way to do this except for cut and paste. This program is supposed to be able to do it: XMLFox

You can find whatever you want if you google it. You can also export it to HTML then get an HTML to XLS converter. There are a few out there. Or you could write one in efs with readln function then have it file out some CSV type stuff. I recently formatted some html pages and grabbed values from HTML in a script. It made me warm and happy inside.

Anyone else doing something similar?

Comment

Importing values to feel warm and happy

Hi Glay. I posted the message below last night but I haven’t gotten any responses yet. I just now ran across your thread so I thought you might be interested. I'd love to be able to feel the same importation induced "warm and happy" feeling you experienced.

While running a tick file in Playback I would like to be able to call a previously stored value associated with each tick. You suggested to G storing those values in the Function Library. Considering there would be over 150,000 values what would be the most efficient means of storing them in and calling them from the Function Library? Up to this point I have used assigned variables and small arrays to store constants because I have been dealing with a relatively small number of values.

A follow-up question: In your 9-14-2005 post in this thread you wrote, “…your Function Library function …would … grab the data you're storing in the text files.” How exactly does that work? If you’re suggesting using “readln()” I’ve never been able to get that command to read beyond the first line of any text file. Obviously I’m missing something in its implementation. Could you explain, specifically, how it could be used in this situation (if indeed that is what you’re suggesting) and/or refer me to an example efs that uses it to read a large number of stored values and assign them consecutively to one variable or concurrently to a large number of them.

Mike
      Last edited by mikejhelms; 12-22-2006, 08:46 AM.

Comment

Hello Mike,

Please check your other thread for a reply to your readln() questions below.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X