backtest begin date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backtest begin date

I'm a new user and I'm trying to learn how to setup my own programs and backtest.

I keep getting no data returned even on the preprogramed formulas that were already setup. Could this be because the beginning date for the backtest is not defined? If so, how do you go about defining the begin date for the backtest?

Can anyone out there help me?

Many thanks...

tonman1
    From the context of your message it is not clear what you mean with "I keep getting no data returned...".
    You may want to provide more details including which preprogramed formulas you have tried, the symbol(s) and interval(s) used and how the Time Template is set up.
    Alex

Comment

I didn't know that the time template made a difference. I am using the default setting that came with the software....dynamic, 0:00-24:00.

I was experimenting using the /EFX 2 BasicMA(e).efs formula on a daily and also 30 minute interval. I was using the pound sterling.

Some of formulas return results but most don't.

How do I define the time frame that I want to back test in? For instance, if I want to backtest 30 minute intervals over the last month.

What about daily for the year?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tonman1
        I didn't know that the time template made a difference. I am using the default setting that came with the software....dynamic, 0:00-24:00.

I was experimenting using the /EFX 2 BasicMA(e).efs formula on a daily and also 30 minute interval. I was using the pound sterling.

Some of formulas return results but most don't.

How do I define the time frame that I want to back test in? For instance, if I want to backtest 30 minute intervals over the last month.

What about daily for the year?

Thanks
        You need to setup a time timeplate for however many days worth of data you want to back test, up to the maximum of 120 days for intraday data.

The Chart Options-Time Template-Edit New/Update options where you scroll or input the number of days and save it as the name of your choosing.

Then the backtest should test for however many days you specified in the template.

You may want to do some searches on time templates and read the various Guides to Backtesting found in the knowledge base.

Hope this helps,

Glen
        Glen Demarco
        [email protected]

Comment

Working...
        X