Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFS Backtesting - Analyser Question

Hi,

Either I am misunderstanding what some of the fields in the SA means, or there are a few issues with the reports. Any feedback on my lack of understanding, or if these are bugs would be appreciated.

On the Trade Analysis tab:

1. Avg # of Bars between trades. For all trades it says 7.4 (which I believe), but for long trades it says 33.2 and short trades it says 27. Unless the long and short numbers are really the LONGEST number of bars between trade, these numbers make no sense to me, and don't match the 7.4 number for all trades.

2. Winning and losing trade series numbers. I assume the # of series is "how many back-to-back wins (for the Winning Trade Series) or losses (for the Losing Trade Series) are used to determine the Avg win/loss per series numbers". Yet this doesn't seem to be case. For example in my one run it lists # in series as 8 for losing trades, and I have no streak of more than 4 losing trades back-to-back. The winning trade series also doesn't seem to match the trades listed on the trades tab.

Thanks,

Garth
    Garth

Garth
    I ran a few tests and also I am getting what appear to be some strange values for Avg # of Bars between trades although in my case these are for all trades. I will pass this on to eSignal's developers to look into.
    As to the winning and losing trade series here is an example to illustrate how it works.

In the example there are
    - 4 streaks of 1 consecutive winning trade
    - 1 streak of 2 consecutive winning trades
    - 1 streak of 3 consecutive winning trades
    - 1 streak of 5 consecutive winning trades
    and
    - 1 streak of 1 consecutive losing trade
    - 3 streaks of 2 consecutive losing trades
    - 3 streaks of 3 consecutive losing trades
    As you can see in the # column there were no streaks of 4 consecutive trades (winning or losing)
    Hope this helps
    Alex

Originally posted by gspiker
    Hi,

Either I am misunderstanding what some of the fields in the SA means, or there are a few issues with the reports. Any feedback on my lack of understanding, or if these are bugs would be appreciated.

On the Trade Analysis tab:

1. Avg # of Bars between trades. For all trades it says 7.4 (which I believe), but for long trades it says 33.2 and short trades it says 27. Unless the long and short numbers are really the LONGEST number of bars between trade, these numbers make no sense to me, and don't match the 7.4 number for all trades.

2. Winning and losing trade series numbers. I assume the # of series is "how many back-to-back wins (for the Winning Trade Series) or losses (for the Losing Trade Series) are used to determine the Avg win/loss per series numbers". Yet this doesn't seem to be case. For example in my one run it lists # in series as 8 for losing trades, and I have no streak of more than 4 losing trades back-to-back. The winning trade series also doesn't seem to match the trades listed on the trades tab.

Thanks,

Garth

Comment

Alex,

Thanks. I was looking at the series information incorrectly. As you explain it, it makes more sense.

Also thanks for forwarding the bars between trades question/bug.

Garth
      Garth

Comment

Garth
        You are most welcome
        Alex

Originally posted by gspiker
        Alex,

Thanks. I was looking at the series information incorrectly. As you explain it, it makes more sense.

Also thanks for forwarding the bars between trades question/bug.

Garth

Comment

Working...
        X