how can i fix a backtesting period??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how can i fix a backtesting period??

Hi! Can someone tell me, how i can adjust a backtestingperiod ? for an example 3 from 1.4.2003-1.4.2006. i want to compare some results and therefore it is necessary to have the same period? please help me!!! i need it for my master thesis!! thanks a lot.
    nice greetings from austria sigi

sigi
    That would need to be coded in the script. You can find an example of how to do this in this thread
    Alex

Originally posted by schlumpfine75
    Hi! Can someone tell me, how i can adjust a backtestingperiod ? for an example 3 from 1.4.2003-1.4.2006. i want to compare some results and therefore it is necessary to have the same period? please help me!!! i need it for my master thesis!! thanks a lot.
    nice greetings from austria sigi

Comment

backtesting

Hi Alex,
      thanks for your help. i tried to follow your program, but i always get a syntax error. can you take a look of my crazy program. i only want to test indicators and i have many problems with the efs language, and so i made my formulas with the wizard.
      maybe they are not compatible together.???
      please help me once again.
      i wish you nice eastern , sigi

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      sigi
      That would need to be coded in the script. You can find an example of how to do this in this thread
      Alex
      Attached Files

Comment

backtesting

hi alex!
        now i have found my mistake in my program! thanks a lot for everything. it works fine.
        nice greetings sigi

sigi
        Alex

Comment

sigi
          You are welcome and I am glad to hear that is is working fine
          Alex

hi alex!
          now i have found my mistake in my program! thanks a lot for everything. it works fine.
          nice greetings sigi

Comment

Hi Alex!
            Here is the stupid girl Sigi again! ;-(
            your program still works fine, but i have another problem!!
            do you know, where i can enter how much money i want to invest?? is in the backtesting tool a fix amount saved ??? when i change the initial capital the net profit doesn´t change. so i think that this is not the teature where i can change it.?! i hope you can help me??

nice greetings now from vienna
            Sigi

sigi
            You are welcome and I am glad to hear that is is working fine
            Alex

Comment

Sigi

do you know, where i can enter how much money i want to invest??
              Assuming I understood what you are trying to do then you would need to code that in the strategy ie you would need to set a user defined variable that stores the amount to invest which you would then use to determine how many shares/contracts you would trade depending on the value of the share/contract

when i change the initial capital the net profit doesn´t change.
              Changing the initial capital will not change the Net Profit but only the percentages of profit (or loss).
              Alex

Hi Alex!
              Here is the stupid girl Sigi again! ;-(
              your program still works fine, but i have another problem!!
              do you know, where i can enter how much money i want to invest?? is in the backtesting tool a fix amount saved ??? when i change the initial capital the net profit doesn´t change. so i think that this is not the teature where i can change it.?! i hope you can help me??

nice greetings now from vienna
              Sigi

Comment

Working...
              X