Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reversing doLong()/doShort() orders dont reverse equity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reversing doLong()/doShort() orders dont reverse equity?

heres the thing, i created an efs and backtested it, what happened was when i looked at the equity chart, it just trended down nicely the whole way, so i figured if i replaced all the doLong()s with doShort()s and vice versa.. and all the doSell()s with doCovers()s etc, then it should to the same thing in reverse, but instead all it did was turn into chaos, does anyone have any idea why this might be? commission and slippage are set to zero in the backtest settings..
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kalzenith; 07-08-2008, 08:33 AM.

Re: reversing doLong()/doShort() orders dont reverse equity?

kalzenith
    You will need to post your code for someone to be able to determine if what you are seeing is the result of a logic error or if it is simply due to the nature of the strategy.
    If on the other hand yours is just a generic question then you may want to post it in the Trading Strategies - General Discussions forum as that would be the more appropriate place for the topic
    Alex

Originally posted by kalzenith
    heres the thing, i created an efs and backtested it, what happened was when i looked at the equity chart, it just trended down nicely the whole way, so i figured if i replaced all the doLong()s with doShort()s and vice versa.. and all the doSell()s with doCovers()s etc, then it should to the same thing in reverse, but instead all it did was turn into chaos, does anyone have any idea why this might be? commission and slippage are set to zero in the backtest settings..

Comment

Working...
    X