Custom spread symbol backtesting capabilities

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom spread symbol backtesting capabilities

I would like to backtest various strategies on a custom spread symbol. My questions are:
    a) I would like to backtest 5 years of historical data for a 60 minute bar on a spread symbol...Is it possible for a spread symbol?
    b) If possible, what is the best way to set up the time template (bars or days) to test a 60 minute chart so the historical data is retrieved and backtested in the quickest way?
    c) If we reach this point and 5 years can be done on a spread symbol, is there a way to save the historical data which has been retrieved so that each time I open the page, the historical data does not have to be retrieved each time...or since I've already retrieved the historical data once, does it store this information so that upon loading the page, only new data since last login would need to be updated?

Thanks

Re: Custom spread symbol backtesting capabilities

northstar
    At this time eSignal provides up to a maximum of 120 days of intraday data.
    For more information on how much historical data is available with eSignal you may want to review this article in the eSignal KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Originally posted by northstar
    I would like to backtest various strategies on a custom spread symbol. My questions are:
    a) I would like to backtest 5 years of historical data for a 60 minute bar on a spread symbol...Is it possible for a spread symbol?
    b) If possible, what is the best way to set up the time template (bars or days) to test a 60 minute chart so the historical data is retrieved and backtested in the quickest way?
    c) If we reach this point and 5 years can be done on a spread symbol, is there a way to save the historical data which has been retrieved so that each time I open the page, the historical data does not have to be retrieved each time...or since I've already retrieved the historical data once, does it store this information so that upon loading the page, only new data since last login would need to be updated?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
    X