Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• graceful exit of back test?

All,

I’m wondering if someone would be able to help me.

I am trying to develop some error handling in a back testing function. Really I am trying to build a component that can be migrated to an automated trading script in the future, once I’ve developed a strategy that I’m happy with.

However, the specifics are related to back testing at the moment as I am trying to create some error handling that will cause the testing script to halt if an error is thrown. Has anyone had any experience in this they would be happy to share?

I am not referring here to return() and break(), to my knowledge these are local and do not cause the entire testing script to halt. Possibly, these functions can be used (with specific return codes) that would cause the script to exit gracefully? I can’t find any documentation at this stage that would lead me to that conclusion.

Effectively, I am trying to ensure a graceful exit on errors.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Dan

Hello Dan,

Other than a return statement, you could try using the JavaScript exception handling statements, try, catch and throw.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Jason,

Thank you for your reply.

I can please make sure I understand, there are no special words that would cause the script to halt execution by the EFS engine?

For example, one could build the an exception handling structure, but there is no key word one could use in that stature to execute the whole of the script?

Thanks,

Dan

Comment

Working...
      X