Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Backtest using closing of exiteing position at the end of every trading day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtest using closing of exiteing position at the end of every trading day.

Hi,
    I am using simple strategies that I have downloaded form the EFS library. I use thes on 5 minute bars and I am only intrested in day trading. That is closing the position at the end of every day. I was wondering if there is a parameter with the backtesting functionality that allows to simulate the closing of existing positions at the end of every day. Or do I have to program that into the EFS? If so, is it very complicated it?
    Thank you

Re: Backtest using closing of exiteing position at the end of every trading day.

ectrader
    You need to program that in the efs and it is not particularly complicated to do.
    Just check for the date of the following bar ie day(1) to be different than that of the bar being processed ie day(0) [which can happen only on the last bar of a day] and close the position
    Try searching this forum as I believe I posted a specific example that shows how to do it
    Alex

Originally posted by ectrader
    Hi,
    I am using simple strategies that I have downloaded form the EFS library. I use thes on 5 minute bars and I am only intrested in day trading. That is closing the position at the end of every day. I was wondering if there is a parameter with the backtesting functionality that allows to simulate the closing of existing positions at the end of every day. Or do I have to program that into the EFS? If so, is it very complicated it?
    Thank you

Comment

Working...
    X