• Backtesting

Hi,

Question A:

I want to backtest the following system using an intraday chart :

1 - a MACD in a renko chart;

2 - a Parabolic SAR in a Renko Chart;

3 - a MACD in a Point and Break chart (Three Line Break);

Questions B:

1- I've Backtested the EMA and MA systems that come with esignal software (default backtests available). Are there any more systems available that I could backtest ? If yes, where? Or do I have to ask for support everytime I need a new one?

2- The backtests I've made using intraday data had a length of about 5 months. Can I have at least one or two years of data backtested? How?

If possible you can answer to my email.
    Thanks

you can subscribe for 2 years of historical intraday data in your esignal account

Comment

Re: Backtesting

Joe10
      As indicated in this article in the EFS KnowledgeBase eSignal does not offer custom EFS development so you will need to develop those strategies yourself
      If you search this forum you will find a number of strategies provided either by eSignal or by other members of this community that you can use as a blueprint to create your own strategies based on your needs and requirements.
      If you are interested in doing this yourself and are unfamiliar with programming in efs then you may want to start by reviewing the JavaScript for EFS video series and the Core JavaScript Reference Guide. Those will provide you with a thorough introduction to programming in JavaScript which is at the foundation of EFS. Then go through the EFS KnowledgeBase and study the Help Guides and Tutorials which will provide you with the specifics of EFS.
      Also review the Back Testing Tutorials 1-3 on how to create back testing strategies. These are available in the Help Guides and Tutorials-> Beginner Tutorials folder of the EFS KnowledgeBase
      If instead you are looking for someone else to write these scripts for you then you may want to review the FAQ: How can I get my custom study built?
      Alex

Originally posted by Joe10
      Hi,

Question A:

I want to backtest the following system using an intraday chart :

1 - a MACD in a renko chart;

2 - a Parabolic SAR in a Renko Chart;

3 - a MACD in a Point and Break chart (Three Line Break);

Questions B:

1- I've Backtested the EMA and MA systems that come with esignal software (default backtests available). Are there any more systems available that I could backtest ? If yes, where? Or do I have to ask for support everytime I need a new one?

2- The backtests I've made using intraday data had a length of about 5 months. Can I have at least one or two years of data backtested? How?

If possible you can answer to my email.
      Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X