Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic position sizing and opp code

Hello

Does anybody know how to access equity data via code.

I am trying to read balance and unrealized gains in order to calculate my trading size but can't find a function that returns current balance and unrealized gains

Please let me know if there is a way

Thanks

Dynamic position sizing and opp code

Hello

I am trying to calculate my position sizing according to realized gains and loses but every code sample that I have found uses

Strategy.DEFAULT

and none calculates according to realized P/L. How can I read balance and unrealized in efs code please?

I haven't been able to find information about object oriented programming or a work around a simple definition and properties, getters and setters

Can I do that?

Thanks

Comment

Re: Dynamic position sizing and opp code

felipecj
      There currently is no efs function that will return the equity of a strategy as the script is iterated through the chart.
      You will need to keep track of that yourself through the use of some variable(s) that you update with the profit/(loss) of each trade then based on that you can dynamically adjust the size that you want to apply to each subsequent trade in the strategy
      If you search the EFS Back Testing forum you may find some examples of code that will do that as I believe the topic has been discussed in the past
      Alex

Originally posted by felipecj
      Hello

I am trying to calculate my position sizing according to realized gains and loses but every code sample that I have found uses

Strategy.DEFAULT

and none calculates according to realized P/L. How can I read balance and unrealized in efs code please?

I haven't been able to find information about object oriented programming or a work around a simple definition and properties, getters and setters

Can I do that?

Thanks

Comment

Thanks for the answer. I appreciate it

Comment

Working...
        X