Backtester Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backtester Crash

I am developing a simple strategy, and running it in the backtester. I know that it works because it runs fine when I only run it againstbars going back for about 10 days. If I try to go back any further, the backtester hangs and I have to close eSignal to restore operation.

Has anyone else had this problem? I am running build 608.
    Thanks James

James,

This is the first I've heard of this. What interval are you running the backtester on?
    Regards,
    Jay F.
    Product Manager

Comment

Interval

I am running my script on symbol EUR A0-FX, 15 min interval. I am trying to backtest 55 days. My machine is on an ADSL line, Netgear router, Win2K pro, SP 4.

The first symptom, is while trying to backtest, I get a dialog box that reads 'Retrieving Bars ... xxx bars recceived' or something like that. The dialog box never closes. I work around it by manually scrolling back as far as I can to load the historical data.

The second symptom is the complere hang of the system. I run the back tester and the system just hangs. When I try to close eSignal, I get an 'Program not responding message.'

Any ideas?

Comment

Hello Jharvey407,

What time template are you using? Have you tried creating a time template that loads the 55 days of data before applying your formula? If you're still having trouble with this, post your code here and I'll do some testing.
        Jason K.
        Project Manager
        eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
        JavaScript for EFS Video Series
        EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
        EFS Glossary
        Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Working...
        X