back testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back testing

I'm having problems with back testing. Can't get started here........

Went to EFS Library and did the sample: built the My_First_Strategy.efs file (twice) and saved it to the Back Testing folder successfully. Ran test on the CD #F contract and got a net profit of $13.88 for a total of 8 trades. What's wrong here?

Also, ran the sample files in the Back Testing folder (3-bar entry.efs) and got equally bizarre results with negative profits.

Don't know how to program in Java, but the Formula Wizard means nothing to me without the back testing feature. Please help.

Backtesting...

Here has been much discussion about backtesting on this forum.

You might try the following things first...

1. take a close look at the TRADES result of your backtests. Make sure these are legitimate trades and results.
    2. review your EFS - it might be foreign to you now, but eventually it will start to make sense.
    3. Go to the EFS HELP CENTER and click on the "Guide To Developing Strategies" (or you can get it in my fileshare gourp - MATHENY ENTERPRISES). This guide provides examples of how to write backtesting code.

I do alot of this for clients. It is not really hard to understand, but from a novice standpoint, I can imagine your frustration.

If you post the file you created on this forum, I'm sure many of us (helpers) would be happy to look at it for you.

Brad
    Brad Matheny
    eSignal Solution Provider since 2000

Comment

Working...
    X