Backtest Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, thank you.

Does it make a difference where the setcomputeclose is placed? Anyways, thx again!

Comment

JT
      setComputeOnClose() needs to be in preMain()
      The only drawback of this solution is that the indicators do not plot on the last bar. If you prefer to see the indicators plot in real time and only want the signals to be generated at the end of a bar then you have to use BARSTATE_NEWBAR.
      Alex

Comment

I played around with the wizard and cant seem to get it to work... I want a 40 bar entry and a 20 bar exit.

I want to test it only intraday so everyday it will end flat and the next day it will start fresh. I cant seem to get that to work. Everything else works fine.

--MIKE

Comment

Hey, is this something that can be applied to a different, non-price chart? but the strategy and backtesting is applied to one of the e-minis? As in, I would want the signal to be generated from some other index or statistic, but the long/short on an e-mini. Thx!

Comment

JT
            If I understand your question correctly yes I think it could be done. You can see an example in this thread.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X