X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alexis,

That is exactly what I needed.

Thanks a lot mate.

Just running this simple back test for has made me realise what a number of people have been advising me - its better to take out small positions in large cap stocks than take out large positions in low priced stocks. I would get crucified in commissions.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Carlton
      Before making any decisions based on the results provided by the back test of this efs I believe you need to implement one more change. If I understand the construct correctly the efs is buying/sellling at the Open of the bar that generates the signal which is not realistic.
      You may want to change the instances of Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.THISBAR in lines 215 and 234 to Strategy.MARKET, Strategy.NEXTBAR which is what would happen in the real world.
      The results will be quite different
      Alex

Comment

Wow!

The difference is remarkable. From making a mere $8 on 5 trades I would have been down $25 - and that doesn't even include commissions.

Thanks Alexis.

Carlton

Comment

Alexis,

Strategy.NEXTBAR starts the efs after the first bar. Is there a similar code to start the start the efs after the second. I know what I've written is terrible English but I don't know any otherway to explain myself.

I hope you understand what I mean.

Cheers

Carlton

Comment

Carlton,

I am assuming you want to delay the transaction to the bar after next. What I would suggest is using Strategy.CLOSE, Strategy.NEXTBAR. This is probably as close as you can get to the open 2 bars ahead.

Comment

Thanks Steve.

Carlton

Comment

Working...
              X