backtest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• backtest

can someone help me with a simple backtesting setup?
    it6s very simple - if you know how to work the backtester.
    whicj I dont.
    go long if the 30 min bar closes =/> the 34 ema by 1 full point
    short if the 30 min bar closes =/> the 34 ema by 1 full point

this is a stop and reverse system

Thanks
    gdavi68

Graham
    The attached efs should do what you asked.
    Load it on a 30 minute chart and run the back test. Note that this efs is set up for back testing purposes only.
    Alex

Attached Files

Comment

re backtest

Alexis,
      Once again thanks much for your time.
      There is a problem though - the signal is not reversing correctly.
      when I ran it it generated the first buy siganl correctly but when the market turned back down - it did not generate a sell siganl on the first close below the 34 ema untill some unknow factor triggered it way below. It wasw supposed to trigger if the close was 1 point or more FROM the ema. same with the upside .
      so if the ema is at 1014.00 and price closed at 1014.50 it would NOT generate a buy. But if the next bar closed at 1015.00 it would trigger. and at that point it would keep you in the long position untill the market crossed back below the ema - but wouldnt trigger the SAR untill the close of a bar was at ;east 1 point or more from the ema.
      I hope that explains a little better what Im trying to do.
      Thanks again
      gdavi68

Comment

Graham
        As far as I can see that is what it does now. To verify where the Close would have to be to trigger a Buy or Sell signal open the efs with the Editor and replace the current return with the following:
        return new Array (vMA.getValue(MAStudy.MA), vMA.getValue(MAStudy.MA)+1, vMA.getValue(MAStudy.MA)-1);
        This will plot two additional lines at +/- 1 from the EMA. The bars should change color on the first Close above or below those bands.
        Alex

Comment

Working...
        X