No alerts at night - Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No alerts at night - Why?

I have developed a formula using the formula wizard that is working great - except between the hours of about midnight to 6am PST. During that time, the formula and the alerts just stop.

Any suggestions? I've heard something about a "time template" but we did not consciously integrate it into the formula.

parksoft
    Is the chart plotting during that time?
    If yes post the code or attach the efs and someone may be able to help out
    Alex

Comment

efs

The chart is plotting fine - just no alerts at night. I made some changes to the time templates yesterday afternoon and that didn't seem to help. The MA lines are also plotting fine - still no alerts.

Here's the file - I'll gladly share it to get some sleep...

Attached Files

Comment

parksoft
        How is the Time Template used in the chart set up (ie Start/End Times, # Days/Bars, etc)?
        Alex

Comment

Hi Alexis and parksoft,

i am getting notification of your posts - a mix up somewhere.

fred_heyer

Comment

fred_heyer
            That has nothing to do with either parksoft or myself.
            You may want to check if you (perhaps inadvertently) subscribed to the Formula Wizard Forum in which this thread is posted. If that is the case then you will be receiving notification for all the messages that are posted in this Forum.
            Alex

Comment

ok Alexis - sorry about that.

Comment

parksoft
                I am not sure as to why at times your efs fails to trigger the alerts.
                Anyhow attached is a slightly modified version that in Tick Replay has triggered the alerts at every cross.
                Give it a try and let me know if it works
                Alex
                Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Alexis,

I'll take a look at this efs and see what happens.

As far as the time template, after some poking around, I don't believe that I had one applied. I've selected a time template now and changed the start/end times to 0:00 which SHOULD tell it to run non-stop I'm assuming.

Unfortunately, the only way to really test any of this is to see if it throws the alerts in the overnight hours. Call me paranoid but we've been bitten two out of the past three nights.

But we all now what happens when you assume...

Thanks again,
                  Tina

Comment

Tina
                    I may have found what is causing a problem in the efs and that is the combination of negative offsets of the moving averages and either how the conditions are set or the setComputeOnClose().
                    Attached is your original study with the offset set to 0 instead of -1. You may want to run it on a separate chart to see if it provides the correct signals/alerts.
                    Alex
                    Attached Files

Comment

Alexis,

That -1 is critical for this. I just noticed that the efs that you posted here gives a signal a full candle AFTER my original formula (60 min per candle). That's a lot of pips.

The -1 also isn't the problem since the alert go off fine during the day and evening - it's between about midnight and 6am-ish that is the problem.

Tina

Comment

Working...
                      X