moving average crossovers and ADX alerts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving average crossovers and ADX alerts

Alexis, unfortunately the ADX formulae and the Moving Average formula that you sent last week do not help. There is a CONSTANT pinging from one or the other; also, the signals generated are incorrect when I reviewed them on the "Alert" box. Finally, I was unable to "backtest" and get any results when I actually "tested" them.

Just to refresh my request, I would like to have alerts sound when the following occurs:
    1) When a 10 Moving Average crosses a 30 Moving Average and 2) When +D crosses-D on a Directional Movement study.

In addition, I just want the "alert" to sound ONE TIME, not continuously, when the event occurs. Obviously, I also want it to sound again when the event next occurs.

With the eSignal formula sent previously, the "alert" pinging continues forever. Also, as mentioned above, I need for the alert to sound WHEN the event occurs. With the previous eSignal alert sent for my review, the actual "Alert Signals", as indicated by the small pop-up alert box, were at incorrect times and repeated many times, also incorrectly.

Finally, can you give me any suggestions regarding "backtesting", since the formulae sent previously would not give any results when I went through the process of "backtesting".

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Sincerely,

Ron Marshall
    281-870-9085
    ron marshall

Ron
    I have checked the moving average formula I provided to you in this thread and as far as I can see it triggers the alerts correctly, plays only one sound at the crossovers and provides full results in back testing.
    As to the ADX formulas, I have posted at least 8 variations of that study in the two threads I suggested in my prior reply to you. Some of them trigger single alerts others multiple alerts so you may want to go over those threads again.
    Alternatively you could consider using the Formula Wizard to create the formulas yourself. The Formula Wizard makes writing scripts of this kind a very easy task. For information on how to use this tool and on EFS in general see the Formula Wizard Guide and the EFS KnowledgeBase
    Alex

Comment

Working...
    X