pivots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pivots

A message to Alex if you are there. I have applied the pivotsall efs to a spread price. Esignal has the correct h/l/c data on all the minute interval charts but the data on the daily charts is incorrect. Can I get the efs to read the h/l/c off a 15 minute chart for example??

Many thanks

ferret
    I do not believe it is possible with that efs.
    As an alternative you may want to look at the solution available in this thread.
    Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Alexis C. Montenegro
      ferret
      I do not believe it is possible with that efs.
      As an alternative you may want to look at the solution available in this thread.
      Alex
      Alexis,

Can the "PivotPointall.efs" file be modified to show pivots for the current session only, instead of displaying lines for every prior session. If so, can you point me in the right direction to download a modified file. Thanks in advance!!

Aaron,

Comment

Aaron
        See the solution provided in this post
        Alex

Comment

Syntax error from modification

Aaron
          See the solution provided in this post
          Alex
          Thanks! I'm having syntax problems. Can you look at the file for me and reattach with correct modifications.

Aaron
          Attached Files

Comment

Aaron
            You are getting a syntax error because you pasted the code in the wrong place. You need to follow the instructions provided in the post I indicated in my prior reply.
            Alex

Comment

Still having syntax problems

Alexis,

I'm still having problems with line 63 and can't get it to work. What am I doing wrong?
              Attached Files

Comment

Aaron
                You pasted the second block of code before the { that followed function main(){ instead of after it.
                All you need to do is to Cut the { bracket that is now in Line 79 of the efs and Paste it right after function main()
                Then just to tidy things up enter a carriage return after the { so that the code you inserted begins on a new line.
                At that point the efs should be working fine
                Alex

Comment

more modifications

Aaron
                  You pasted the second block of code before the { that followed function main(){ instead of after it.
                  All you need to do is to Cut the { bracket that is now in Line 79 of the efs and Paste it right after function main()
                  Then just to tidy things up enter a carriage return after the { so that the code you inserted begins on a new line.
                  At that point the efs should be working fine
                  Alex
                  Thanks a billion!!! Everythings working well.

However, I would like to make more modifications to this file and was wondering what would be the most efficient way to complete this task. I have very limited experience modifying code. If I let you know what I want done, can you walk me through it? Or, would you do it yourself?

Aaron,

I would like the following modifications:
                  R2 = Style: Solid, Color: Red, Thickness: 1,
                  R1 = Style: Solid, Color: Red, Thickness: 1,
                  Pivot = Style: Solid, Color: Yellow, Thickness: 1,
                  S1 = Style: Solid, Color: Blue, Thickness: 1,
                  S2 = Style: Solid, Color: Blue, Thickness: 1,

Comment

Aaron
                    Glad to hear that you have it working as you wanted and I will be happy to walk you through your other requests.
                    If you look at Lines 23 through to 46 you will see that there are sections of code each one commented by the plot it controls.
                    In each of those sections there are three statements; the first one controls the plot type, the second the color and the third the thickness of the line. For example
                    setDefaultBarStyle(PS_DASH, 0);
                    setDefaultBarFgColor(Color.RGB(255,0,0), 0);
                    setDefaultBarThickness(2, 0);

In all those replace PS_DASH or PS_DOT with PS_SOLID. Then for the colors replace Color.RGB(255,0,0) with Color.blue or Color.yellow, etc. For a complete list of the available "plain english" colors click here. Lastly for the thickness of the line change the first value contained in the parenthesis setDefaultBarThickness(1, 1);. The second value assigns that command to the specific plot.
                    Alex

Comment

Great! Everything works perfectly and looks great. I have the hang of it now. Thanks again!

Comment

Another modification

Alexis,

Can you make adjustments to the

PrevHigh.efs
                        PrevLow.efs

under the OHLC formula folder where the high & low lines are drawn for the current session only? If so can you provide the link and instructions. Thanks in advance!!

Aaron

Comment

Aaron
                          Those efs(s) cannot be adjusted in exactly the same way.
                          Attached is a revision of Prev High.efs that is set to plot only on the current day. Use it as an example to modify Prev Low.efs
                          At this point I would suggest that you go through the EFS KnowledgeBase where you will find detailed information and guides on how to use EFS.
                          Alex
                          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                          X