This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Coded ADX Indicator

Can anyone help me change the color on the ADX indicator when the indicator goes up, down or sideways? I am having a hard time seeing the slope of the indicator in one color.

Thank you for your attention and help
    Joe

Joe
    The attached efs will color the ADX line in green if it is rising and in red if it is falling. The script was written using only the Formula Wizard which I imagine is what you wanted to see since you posted your question in the Formula Wizard Forum
    Alex
    Attached Files

Comment

Final Question & Thank you

Alex,
      Thank you for your help. Not being familiar with the language, do you know how I can change the periods for the new study and get rid of the _+DI lines? I use a 10 period ADX versus the standard 14.

Thanks again.
      Joe

Comment

Joe
        Open the efs with the Formula Wizard where you can change the period for the study and remove the Returned Data Points for both the DI lines
        Alex

Comment

ADX Formula Error

Alex,
          Thank you again for your help. Hopefully the chart will post to this message. I changed the periods, and got rid of the DI however there seems to be a small error when the indicator is plotted. Any suggestions?

Thanks again
          Joe
          Attached Files

Comment

Joe
            Actually that is not an error but the result of how lines are colored by the efs
            See this thread for an explanation. The example in the linked thread uses RSI but is applicable to the ADX as well.
            There is a solution but it cannot be applied with the Formula Wizard. To color the plot "backwards" you need to open the efs with the Editor (Tools->EFS->Editor) and replace the following line in preMain()
            setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_LINE, 0);
            with
            setPlotType(PLOTTYPE_INSTANTCOLORLINE, 0);
            This change however is not retained by the Formula Wizard the next time you use it to edit the efs.
            Alex

Comment

Many Thanks

Alex,
              I figured it out, and it worked. Thank you for your time and attention.

Joe

Comment

Formula Wizard has been updated in Build 691 (a future 7.9 release) to include the PLOTTYPE_INSTANTCOLORLINE, _FLATLINES, _CIRCLE and _SQUARE plots.

Comment

Working...
                X