MA -v- Price oscillator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MA -v- Price oscillator

I would like an indicator that simply plots the distance (points or percentage) of a closing price from its 10, 50, 100 etc SMA. I don't know Javascript and am reluctant to devote much time to learning it so I've experimented with the formula wizard but to no avail.

Can the wizard do this?

Any pointers most welcome.
    Nimrod

See if the attached helps.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks David.

But no matter how I try, I can't seem to edit it (to change from 10 to 50 MA) and have the result work. Tried doing so with both the wizard and editor on both original and copied/renamed file. The resulting file does not show any error when loaded but neither does it produce a plot.
      Nimrod

Comment

nimrod
        FWIW you don't necessarily need an efs to do what you want. Set up the MACD with a Fast Len of 1 (this way it is a proxy of Close) set the Slow Len to the desired average length and set Signal Smoothing to 1 also, If you want to use a simple moving average then check Simple Moving Average (Oscillator) otherwise leave it unchecked for an exponential average.
        Alex

Comment

Thanks Alex

Should have come up with that one myself

I'm still puzzled by my inability to successfully edit the MADIST.EFS file with either the wizard or editor though. Any ideas?
          Nimrod

Comment

nimrod
            Although that efs was originally created with the Formula Wizard it was subsequently modified with the Editor using a syntax that the Wizard can no longer interpret.
            To change the length of the moving average in that efs open it with the Editor and change the value 10 in the foillowing statement
            var vSMA10 = new MAStudy(10, 0, "Close", MAStudy.SIMPLE);
            which is in line 10 of the script.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X