Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eSignal Crashes when selecting custom color

Jason,

Whenever I try to choose or edit the color for an indicator (like for example a moving average) in the Formula Wizard and hit on the custom color button, eSignal crashes. Is there a bug? I am using version 7.8.

Sesh

Hello Seshadri,

Thanks for reporting. I am seeing a problem with the custom color tab. I'll report this to development. However, I'm not experiencing a crash. Please post a formula example that is causing a crash on your end when selecting the custom color.

To work around the problem in the mean time, select one of the default colors and then manually change the RGB numbers to your desired color. You can use the color wheel in Chart Properties to get the specific RGB numbers you would like to use.
    Jason K.
    Project Manager
    eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
    JavaScript for EFS Video Series
    EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
    EFS Glossary
    Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Hello Seshadri,

I take it back. The problem I saw on the custom tab was that the RGB numbers were not changing properly. I restarted eSignal and that is now working fine.

When you say crash, are you getting a crash report? Is the eSignal app then shutting down? Please post any other specific error messages that you may be receiving. That would be helpful.
      Jason K.
      Project Manager
      eSignal - an Interactive Data company

EFS KnowledgeBase
      JavaScript for EFS Video Series
      EFS Beginner Tutorial Series
      EFS Glossary
      Custom EFS Development Policy

New User Orientation

Comment

Problem Appears to be corrected

Hi Jason,

I just now checked the Formula Wizard and it appears to be ok when I hit the custom color button. At the time I posted this thread originally, at this same point when hitting the custom color button eSignal would close with the Data Manager still running. It would generate a window like XP normally does when an application has crashed and asking whether to send a report. To this day I don't have a clue where this report is being sent and what information is being sent. So I generally click "Don't Send" and close the window and move on.

If you have already found the problem and fixed it, then there is nothing to it. Since I could not recreate this error again I don't have anything further to add. Thanks for your prompt response.

Sesh

Comment

Working...
        X