Please, how to write this formula?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please, how to write this formula?

If((trade+high+low)/3>((trade+high+low)/3 of actual bar+(close+high+low)/3 of first last bar+(close+high+low)/3) of second last bar)/3), than color green, if not color red)

Thank You.
    Bob

Bob
    In the Formula Wizard set up a 1 period ma of HLC3 which would be a proxy for your (trade+high+low)/3 equation and a 3 period ma of HLC3 and then set the conditions to paint the bars if the 1 period average is above/below the 3 period average.
    Alex

Comment

Trend signal formula ??

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of some existing code that I could use to get started in developing my own strategy. I tried to use the efs wizard but there was no selection for what I was trying to do. My idea is to have a chart that would generate buy & sell signals based on the past # of days. I.e. Buy a contract at the highest high within say the last 20 weeks or so. Same thing in reverse for the sell signal. I searched also thru the library but could not find anything close. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Comment

amcgeh01
        Use the Donchian Channels in the Formula Wizard.
        For some examples of strategies with the Donchian Channels run a Search in the Bulletin Board using donchian as the keyword
        Alex

Comment

No luck

Thanks Alex,

I looked up and found the DOn/MA .efs that you developed and tried it out but it's not quite what I am looking for. I tried to change the number of days to look for and thought it was the line where "40" was inserted, then the chart got all misconfigured. There was also another input above it that I changed from 1 to 8 thinking that would be my exit line but apparently it is something else. Oh well, I will stick to my normal trading style for now. I thought it was a good idea but it seems that everytime it gave a buy/sell signal, it turned around and got stopped out.

Thanks for your quick response nonetheless

Comment

amcgeh01
            In that same thread I believe you will find other examples that do not use a moving average for exit signal.
            Irrespective the number 40 is the lookback period to calculate highest high and lowest low. The number 1 just above it is the minimum value you can apply to that user defined parameter in Edit Studies.
            Those are just user defined parameters that can be changed at any time through Edit Studies ie you do not need to modify the script itself.
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X