Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color Coded Moving Average

Hello,
    Not being well versed in formula language or changes in the formula editor I need some help. In addition I have not been able to post an image, so I have my fair share of problems! Can anyone help me color code a moving average in the advanced chart when it moves up, down or sideways. Alex has helped me tremendously with the ADX and the MACD and now I am looking to have a EMA change colors when it is moving up, down, and sideways. I have looked all over this site to try to find it, and have been unsuccessful.

Thank you.
    P.S. In my next request, I am going to attempt to make the colors in my indicators and EMA be the same color as the move up down or sideways, so please feel free to give me your advice.

Humbly,
    Joe

Hi Jthiel1004,

You may want to check out this post from Alex. This EFS may accomplish what you are looking for. If you go into the Edit Studies sub-menu, you will be able to designate what type of moving average you would like to use. Hope this helps.

Comment

Changing the Background

Duane,
      Thanks for responding. I cannot figure out how to change the background back to standard white from Alex's post. Do you know how to do this? Also I have put color configurations on a few other indicators and am looking for some help. Do you know how to change colors? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
      Joe

Comment

Joe
        Open the efs with the Editor and rem out ie add // at the beginning of lines 56 and 60. Those lines should read setChartBG(...
        Alex

Comment

Thank you

Alex,
          You are great, thank you. The final issue in my view is to change the color in this ADX study to lime from green, however I cannot figure it out. I cannot post the image, but have posted the formula. Your help as always is overwhelmingly appreciated. Thanks
          Joe
          Attached Files

Comment

Joe
            Open the efs with the Editor and replace line 72 with either
            setBarFgColor(Color.RGB(0,255,0));
            or
            setBarFgColor(Color.lime);
            Alex

Comment

Working...
            X